Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Inspiration



Hi there,and welcome to my photography blog. I started this blog so that I could share my journey with you.

Where do I start? Motherhood has changed me in so many ways. Inside and out, it's been an amazing year. Shortly after I had Jillian in December, I quickly remmbered how much I loved photography as I took picture after picture trying to hold onto each and every little moment, smile and milestone she reached. I was in awe how quickly she changed form day to day. As I snapped away, the wheels started turning, as they say. I started to wonder if I could turn my love of photography into something more, something that I would always have, and something that would let me give back to my friends, family and those around me. So... I took a deep breath and brought my ideas to Jeff. It's true, he never ceases to amaze me. The encouragement and support I got from him was the extra push I needed to set things in motion. I've been searching for a creative outlet for a long time. To some of you this may be a surprise, but to those of you who know me well, it is not.

My plan is to become a photographer. I'd like to be an "on-location" photographer, going wherever it is that my client is comfortable. I want to focus mainly on children and families and the connections they have with each other. I want my images to move you and tug at your heart when you look at them. I want my images to say who your child is, not just what they look like. I want to capture kids and families in their own environments where they are most comfortable and free to be themselves whether it be at home, a park, the beach, wherever. As a mother, I know how quickly babies and children change. Children grow, memories fade, but a photograph preserves them forever.

So, I won't be quitting my corporate job, have a studio or do weddings. I'll stay close to home, right here in Taylor. I want to take my time with this, and do things right. Over the next year, I'll be getting some technical training, working on a portfolio, and getting a lot of practice! I plan to have my website up and running by Spring 2008 with galleries of my work, and seamless online proofing and ordering. In the meantime, I'll share my journey here, post some of my work as I learn, and may need to borrow your kids from time to time!

Again, this wouldn't be possible without the support of my amazing husband, loving family and faithful friends...and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

NicoleFieldsPhotography said...

Good luck! Can't wait to follow your work!

ERIN DRALLOS said...

Awe, I see you liked my biography. ;)
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. It's a rough road, so don't get discouraged.

All the best, Erin Drallos