Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lesson three

So on to lesson three... food. Our assignment this week was to be any food item, cropped and/or showing a different perspective. In typical Halloween fashion, I grabbed the first food item I could find in the house...chocolate!I don't know why I had such a hard time with this week's assigment, I'm the first to admit I have "too much tilt syndrome", and thought it would be a breeze, ha! So an hour and 2 glasses of wine later, I was able to come up with my shots.I've been struggling this week. Must be Libby taking my creativity with her. I hope not, but the chocolate sure was yummy when I was done.

Here's the first - shot with my 50mm 1.4, at f/2.0 1/4096 (my 40D has some crazy shutterspeeds)The second - switched to the 17-55 2.8, (I feel so trapped in my 1.4 lately) shot at f/5.6, 1/512 +2 exp. comp. I actually like the colors in this one.And finally - again with my 2.8 for a more wide-angle shot, at f/4.6, 1/790. I like this one, too, just not all the deck stuff in the background, hence the crop.

No comments: