Friday, September 14, 2007

Yesterday, I found out that starting on the 24th of this month, I'll be working under an amazing photographer in the industry...Amber Ludlow! I'm excited and nervous all wrapped up into one, and thrilled that she's including me in her next class, "Photographing the Everyday". I haven't had a photography class in 15+years! After searching high and low, and weighing my options, I knew that I wanted to start out with a mentorship-like setting with a well-established photographer vs. taking a generic class online or at a college. Amber has amazing vision through her work. More importantly, we share similar philosophies... "There have been so many times in my life where I wish that I could freeze time. Whether it was a vacation that I was really enjoying, or the first time we brought Jackson home from the hospital. In a sense with my camera I am allowed to do just that. I can freeze a single moment in time. Wow, what a powerful concept that is! There are many big events in our lives that we want to remember, like past Holidays or sending your first child off to kindergarten. But the in between moments are what makes our lives ours. Those moments are what I set out to capture. Those moments tell our story"

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thanks Amber, and I can't wait to get started!

No comments: